I know this is going to come up eventually so I thought I would address it now. The topic of this note is what to do when faced with being called fake or not genuine.
- You must understand that your reaction to criticism is the only thing you can control.
- People who knew you 5 years ago, last year, even people who met you last week may claim the changes you are trying to make and the person you are trying to become is nothing but a temporary show or scam. Truly the only way to win them over is to continue doing whatever it is your doing. Continue to be changed and build perseverance. Keep being passionate long enough for them to become a believer.
- You must believe you are not limited by an old version of yourself. We as humans are either growing or dying. You must believe and trust that who you were a year ago, a week ago, or even yesterday is not who you have to be now! You are going to mess up, but instead of being discouraged you can take responsibility for your failure, then re-commit to becoming better! This is a continual process that happens every minute of every hour, every hour of every day!
- There are always going to be people who disagree and dont believe in you, but how you allow that to affect you is what matters! The term used in today’s world is having “haters”, but I would simply call them people who are just not convinced of your authenticity yet. Eric Thomas said it best, “it’s YOUR dream, nobody is going to make you work for YOUR dream, if you want it go out and make it happen!” You don’t need to rely on others to motivate you or to spur you on, you should be so convinced in your own mind that nothing can deter you.
- It is human nature to fear or dislike something you don’t understand. And if you are going to do anything extraordinary in this life there are going to be people who don’t understand you or your passion, it is going to be foreign to them, and that is okay! All you can do is meet them at their level and try to inspire them and never give up on them! You never know if the reason they try to discredit you is because they wish they could be like you, all you have to do is help them conquer that fear and they will be your biggest supporter! You never know the impact you can have on others, which is why I am trying to make every interaction I have with someone a positive one, you may call me fake or “not real”, and I would answer you by saying I define my own reality, just like you do! I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul”.
- I want to leave you with this, last Wednesday a teen from our class named Dylan gave a lesson in which he cited 1st Thessalonians 5:8-11, “But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helment. For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to recieve salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing”. I love that, “just as you are doing”, guys and girls this is what we are called to be! Constant encouragers! If we are not lifting people up, if we are not investing our time into others, then what are we doing? We all need constant encouragement! It is not enough once a day or even 5 times a day. Constantly fill yourself with positivity and inspiration and that is what you will produce!
- If you know of anyone who would benefit from reading this please tag or share it! Y’all have a great day! John Max Bolling